Thread: The world of Ilvakor

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

It's been a while, 5 years actually but I have not forgotten my map nor this community.My cartographer skill have increased I am sure so does my english, I hope. Sorry for not answering before.

I worked on and off on the map and other thing concerning my campaing world. I have lost some files including the one attached in the first post, that is how I know that I have made progress.
    Oh the forest, very simplistic, they where doine with a normal round brush in photoshop with a small variation in colors. I do not remember using this. My new technique is very different.
    About the scaling problem, the best thing would be to vectorize it in illustrator and then take it back to photoshop to pixelize it at a bigger size.

I tried different forest, hills, mountains styles over time but never finished the map because there are empty spots where I simply don't know what to put yet.

I am going to share different pictures so I might edit this post a couple of times or post another depending of situation.

here is a sample of mountains version 2 with the same brush set as version 1:
    Attachment 56384

These are the textures and colors I will be using on the map. This is a sample, an archipelago inspired by Japan but made using the photoshop negative cloud tool (or something like that). It served me well for testing purposes. Normally we are supposed to see the parchment texture under the land but I lost the original file (like many other thing).
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	ile.jpg 
Views:	100 
Size:	330.5 KB 
ID:	56349
    Last edited by Azélor; 07-26-2013 at 11:08 AM. Reason: image not showing