Thread: [WIP] Elsir Vale (from D&D 3.5s adventure Red Hand of Doom)

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

Heyy everyone,

Hard to believe a year has passed... I haven't abandoned this project, although I am way behind my imaginary schedule. Nevertheless, there is an update for the original map version that I'd like to share with you. Nothing big, it's all details and fine-tuning, but I think the result looks a lot better now.

I toned down the color of the grass, put highlights onto all open areas, sort-of inverted the colors of mountains (I thought it looked weird to have almost white mountains surrouned by dark hills, now it's the other way around), replaced the parchment texture with a different one and made it look a bit 'burned', bended the name tags for a more organic look, and fiddled with a few details here and there. The only custom part of the map now is a small town in the far south-west, which is a feature a GM who used my map wanted to have and I liked it enough to just keep it - since there is nothing else going on in that corner.

As before, I made variants with the original names from Red Hand of Doom and a Forgotten Realms version.

Cannath Vale (Forgotten Realms) GM Version (all visible)

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Elsir-Vale-FR-GM.jpg 
Views:	58 
Size:	1.43 MB 
ID:	69249

Cannath Vale (Forgotten Realms) Player Version (no Vraath Keep, Ghostlord's Lair, Fane of Tiamat)

Name:	Elsir-Vale-FR-Players.jpg 
Views:	52 
ID:	69251

Elsir Vale (Original) GM Version (all visible)

Name:	Elsir-Vale-Original-GM.jpg 
Views:	70 
ID:	69250

Elsir Vale (Original) Player Version (no Vraath Keep, Ghostlord's Lair, Fane of Tiamat)

Name:	Elsir-Vale-Original-Player.jpg 
Views:	78 
Size:	1.42 MB 
ID:	69252

Let me know what you think, and enjoy!
    Last edited by Antariuk; 11-24-2014 at 08:48 AM.
    "No matter how subtle the wizard, a knife between his shoulderblades will seriously cramp his style" - Steven Brust

Red Hand of Doom Materials (GM Screen Add-ons, Maps or Elsir Vale/Witchwood, more coming!)