Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: [Region 1][Map 15] - Jaiyat Highlands

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

Just for fun, I reshaped it so that one N-S mile is equal(-ish) to one E-W mile, and look how different it is! Not useful to the overall map but instructive nonetheless.
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	small-scaled.jpg 
Views:	62 
Size:	144.8 KB 
ID:	41017

Blog Entries

A closer approx is a trapezoid but then actually its a curved segment thing. Neon Knight had the original tiles mapped out on one of the opening threads to the project. Since the map is a Mercator style then all of the tiles are square but in reality the space is curved on the globe. Its just that most people didn't want to map curved spaces and the software for handling them is a bit of a problem. I think the top of Ansium tiles are like 350miles across and the bottom is something like 800 so we went with 600 mile square as a rough guide.

You got any plans to map more of the towns in this tile region ?

Yeah, trapezoidal seemed like a pain in the butt so I didn't do that. The distances in the above image were based on this image in the original thread; if this is wrong please let me know which one has the correct measurements as it's pretty important to making the smaller scale maps make any sense!

I think I'll be mapping some subsegments of this, but I've never done a town map before and haven't got much idea of how to do so. I may do more subregion maps in different styles, as the first one was fun. Maybe Riverwatch would be a good first target for a town map, hmm.

Is anyone else still working on this project? If so, is the complete set of content posted anywhere that I can take a look and make sure I'm staying sort of in the same idea?

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123