View Poll Results: What is your favorite map ?

Voters
6. You may not vote on this poll
Multiple Choice Poll.

Thread: CWBP 2 Deciding the map

Threaded View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

Carried over from the Genre and setting thread:
    B) Physical Characteristics
    B.1 Basic world shape: Pangea? Craters?
    B.2 Physics/Astrophysics: Is the world round? Does it spin? Have seasons? How many moons? Etc

C) Technical Details
    C.1 Mapping approach: Who can map? How are we going to assign maps?
    C.2 World division: How will we divide the world for mapping?
    B 1. Basic Shape
    No to Pangaea. I want multi-continental with plenty of interesting mapping points and lots of ocean space and plenty of islands (that don't have to appear on the main world map for sake of ease). And also one large continent for fun. This planet has no requirement to be Earth size, I'd be happy to go bigger with the assumption that even if it's not realistic it still has similar characteristics. I'd assume a bigger planet would work well with Azelors double star desire which I'm also happy to go with. Double Stars and double moons. (or two planets in orbiting each other and in a common orbit around the stars? lets make it weirds). I'm happy with anything weird going on in the sky really.

Ghostmans locus points are definitely in my vision of this world.

C 1. Anyone can map if they want?... We don't assign plots, people ask for them and if they aren't taken already they get to use them.
    C 2. This is dealt with extensively in this thread and post 39 is kind of the culmination of my proposal, though nothing has been decided and the matter dropped. I prefer to do the irregular plots because I think it's more conducive to both mapping and world building.
    Last edited by Falconius; 01-27-2014 at 02:20 PM.