Thread: Fantasy Game book Maps x 2, for prospective publication

Threaded View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Guild Novice Facebook Connected
    Sundridge, Bromley, United Kingdom, United Kingdom

Default Fantasy Game book Maps x 2, for prospective publication

Hi Guys, please take a look at the below request. I'm really impressed by the quality of work on this forum and I'm looking forward to any responses. This is a serious request, and I'm well aware how much time and skill goes into making a map.

Project Scope:
    A gritty 'Fighting Fantasy' style gamebook series for an upcoming Kickstater project. The finalised product will (hopefully) be realised in both digital and print. Book is written, and mostly illustrated by a talented fantasy artist elshazam. If successful more titles will be published.

Setting:
    A fantasy setting, similar to the 'Warhammer' setting, specifically 'Tilea' (information on google will help to visualise)

Design Concept:
    A two page map spread overleaf from cover, to give the reader context in which the adventure takes place. Main features that need to be included will be provided, and I can provide rough sketches of both. Main features will be named in map.

Number of maps:
    One urban map of fantasy city setting with immediate environs outside the city walls
    One regional map of the surrounding countryside, with main features

Technical:
    300 dpi 2700x1800 pixels preferably tiff format
    Full color

Copyright:
    Remains with cartographer.
    Publisher retains right to reproduce the maps in the setting sourcebook and for promotional materials.

Deadline:
    Quite aggressive. I would like to include snippets from the maps in my kickstarter, pending launch on Dec 15th. I would certainly like to commission within the next 7 days.

Payment:
    Not huge: $250, payable via Paypal. $200 upon delivery of the final files, $50 upfront to produce a rough copy/sketches, with a decision to advance taken at this stage.
    A print copy of the finished book upon publication
    An inlay credit
    A reasonable prospect of repeat commission should the project work.

Contact
    Marc Wilson via Cartographer Guild forum thread initially, then break out to email.
    Last edited by Marc Wilson; 11-20-2013 at 06:14 AM.