Thread: Yantas - A Pretty Amateur WIP

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

Yeah, looking at the first map you've provided, I see what you mean (and on a slightly off-note, I never noticed how wide the mountains in the west of North America actually are).

As for the temperature map, I did point out in that post that I was basing it entirely on latitude ("Here I've based temperature entirely on latitude. I haven't taken into account altitude or oceanic currents"), I was just wondering if the rough spacing of temperatures in relation to latitude were OK, before I started moving on to take things similar to the Gulf Stream or the effect of altitude into account

(And yeah, we don't have snow yet, even in Yorkshire. We had a little bit of snow, but it didn't settle. It probably won't turn up until maybe mid-January )

While I'm still working on actually finishing the altitude map of Yantas, I thought I'd post my work so far, which includes the heights of the various approximate maximum peaks (to the nearest 1000m) of the 12 major mountain ranges of the planet.

As you can see, at the moment they're only labelled as A through to L, but that's literally because I haven't decided on names for them yet I'm hoping this attempt is better than my last one

You can find the full sized image here