Thread: Yantas - A Pretty Amateur WIP

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

I've done some more work on the coasts and islands of Yantas, not much, but some:

(You can find a larger image here)

I've messed around with Velkasta, it was just too thin for my liking (which makes sense, given the projection), the north-eastern corner of Mistaya, the south-western portion of Sirden and the northern coast of Konyur and I think overall I'm a bit happier with the results than my original attempts.

Next up, creating a better altitude map, which could help me sort out the climates a little bit better
    Last edited by sangi39; 12-27-2013 at 01:42 PM.

I've tried coming up with a bit of a better altitude map, using Zirojtan's key as a base. I've only drawn up rough areas for 0-500m (dark green), 500-1000m (light green), 1000-2000m (grey-y blue), 2000-4000m (teal?) and 4000-6000m (brown) and 6000+ (whitish), since what I'm looking for, again, is just some feedback on whether they work where they are and whether their sizes work. Below is the smaller version of the map:

It's a lot less clear than the actual map, here, but it should give you some idea of what you'll see there

NOTE: The sketch itself isn't complete yet, which is why Velkasta and western Hungas have no mountains , but I've got someone coming round so I thought I'd post what I have already
    Last edited by sangi39; 12-28-2013 at 09:26 AM.