Thread: Ulin

Threaded View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

Wow, thanks everyone for the kind words!

Quote Originally Posted by Llannagh View Post
    Cool, congratulations!

Since I'm from from Germany myself, I'm interested in which game this campaign will be for. Are you allowed to tell?
    The team I'm working with is apparently working for Paizo as translators for the German edition of Pathfinder. As a side project they want to develop a Pathfinder compatible campaign setting to write adventures for. Things are still in the early stages but I'll definitely post up some updates on this as things get closer to the point of actual publication.

Quote Originally Posted by Caenwyr View Post
    Wow, I love this map! How did you do those magnificent mountains?
    Well this was actually an interesting challenge for me you see, one of the developers on their team has already played around with the Ulin map in order to begin fleshing out the region. In doing so they had grafted some actual satellite images of mountains onto the the map, and they wanted to keep these more or less intact in the final image. My task was to figure out how to do so while blending the surrounding terrain to match them. I did this by creating a height map in Wilbur, placing a layer mask over it, and then painting black over the regions of the Wilbur height map where the sat-mountains were (see below). Took some fiddling around to get it right, but I'm happy with the results. As to the Wilbur portion, for this attempt I used some techniques that Waldronate described in my Eriond tutorial thread (7th page in).
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Ulin Mock UP.jpg 
Views:	92 
Size:	3.67 MB 
ID:	59234   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Wilbur Height Map.jpg 
Views:	130 
Size:	2.70 MB 
ID:	59235