So I have been absent for a while. Mostly because I wanted to get to know Photoshop better before srumbling around in the twilight of semi-knowledge. My knowledge is still pretty semi, but I learned a few helpful things! I'm also working on my basic artistic abilities, since the last time I really tried painting/drawing was in school. And it's been a while since then. I only have half a clue about perspectives, composition and whatnot. But it's really fun learning all that.

Anyways, with my newfound powers (cough) in Photoshoppery, I worked on this very local map. It's the closest I have yet come to a consistent map. Still lots of stuff to tweak, but here's a look:

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Lamuire-geo.jpg 
Views:	95 
Size:	797.7 KB 
ID:	60435

The background will be changed to water, of course. Border, legend and all that will be added at a much later point.

At the moment it looks a bit overloaded to my eyes and not that good at all in full view. But at least I got this far, which gives me something to work on and also some satisfaction!

I did this by working out the basic geography in b/w and adding a coloring layer on top.

As always, any critique and feedback welcome!