Thread: WIP! Dragon Helm

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

I really like the shape of your landmass! But more detail (bays and peninsulas) on the coastline would make it look even better! Also, the coastline is very blurry and the black outline a bit uneven (in thickness). A new coastline with a crisp, thin, even outline would really do wonders to improve it, IMO.

I love the font (and colour) you've used for the mountains. That looks really good. But the other labels look a bit strange, like they've been stretched vertically. Also, you might want to try a different colour rather than black. Something muted maybe, that would compliment the mountain text.

I'm not really a fan of the border, to be honest. It looks very messy and makes the whole map look a bit wonky. If you're not able to make your own border, there are many wonderful border brushes to be found at deviantART.

Your symbols also look very blurry, although I'm not sure if that's general blurriness or if it's the gradient/shading that's making them look that way. Maybe try doing them again in solid black.

I like the vortex you've done for your compass, but the black part looks very messy. Again, there are lots of wonderful free compass roses to be found at deviantART, or right here in the Resources section. Maybe even add some rhumb lines as well.

The ocean/background looks very plain. Adding a texture overlay would do wonders for the whole map, IMO.

A lot of crits, I know! But please don't let that discourage you. I think this has lots of potential!
    Last edited by Neyjour; 12-21-2013 at 05:11 AM. Reason: typo