Thread: November/December Lite Challenge Entry: Dead Worlds

Threaded View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Guild Master Facebook Connected jtougas's Avatar
    Blog Entries

Wip

Somebody told me that this used to be where they stored all the stuff for when this ship got to where it was going. 'course that was a million years ago and now it's just where we live. See this stuff? looks like dirt but the "whiters" say it's ground up plas and some other stuff. I guess it works just the same. Most of us live in these metal boxes. "cons" we call them they all look pretty much the same but they ain't bad. Course everything smells and there's always a haze from people burning leaves for heat and to cook. Nutrapaste will keep you alive but it's nice to have meat once in a while if you can get it and don't worry too much where it comes from...

Quote Originally Posted by Neyjour View Post
    Love this concept! It reminds me of Line and Orbit by Sunny Moraine & Lisa Soem.
    Thanks

Well another challenge and another mental road block. I spent some time thinking about this story and decided to make some "elements" that I will use as call outs around the main map. As I wrote above the inhabitants of this ship mostly live in re-purposed cargo containers. These are not huge but large enough for a family (although they are cramped). Made by the tens of thousands they are constructed of steel and due to the haze and rain (yes it rains sometimes in this massive ship) they have rusted. Stay tuned.

###LATEST WIP###

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	sample container dwelling.png 
Views:	109 
Size:	139.1 KB 
ID:	59375

Interior View
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	container dwelling interior.png 
Views:	1218 
Size:	176.3 KB 
ID:	59376
    Last edited by jtougas; 11-26-2013 at 10:34 PM.
    I am the breath of Dragons...The Song of Mountains...The Stories of Rivers....The Heart of Cities.... I am A Cartographer....

Finished Maps
    Kingdom Of Shendenflar Campaign Setting (WIP)

Everything I post is free for use and redistribution under the Creative Commons Attribution-Noncommercial-Share Alike 3.0 licence, except where noted otherwise in the thread.