Thread: November/December Lite Challenge Entry: Dead Worlds

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Guild Master Facebook Connected jtougas's Avatar
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Psylence View Post
    Alright, I know I should've dropped by sooner, sorry I haven't.

I love your story. It gives the setting to explain what we're seeing. I like your choice of colors and your foggy overlay. The only real problems I see are that your "con"s are a bit repetitive, and your water. I think you might want to try a different approach than noise over it. Maybe try a black brush on multiply to low opacity? Something that will give a more smear, brown, dirty look rather than just noise/specks.
    Thanks for your feedback. I agree with you about the containers but (IMO) they would have to be "standardized" so that the huge number of them would fit in the space. One reason I added some color was to break up the mass of rusty orange they would have been otherwise. Your right on about the water and it's been bothering me for a while. I think I was going for almost a "crust" over the water but it didn't turn out the way I had hoped.
    I am the breath of Dragons...The Song of Mountains...The Stories of Rivers....The Heart of Cities.... I am A Cartographer....

Finished Maps
    Kingdom Of Shendenflar Campaign Setting (WIP)

Everything I post is free for use and redistribution under the Creative Commons Attribution-Noncommercial-Share Alike 3.0 licence, except where noted otherwise in the thread.

I get ya, as far as the containers, but I mean the dirt/rust/grime on them. I just think you could use something to break up the repetitiveness of the pattern on top of the cons.

As far as the water, hm... yeah, I dunno. Actually, looking around the edges you seem to have a good start to something, so how about instead just lowering the opacity of the noise over the water? That way it allows some of those details you put on there to become more prominent(like the brown at the edges).