Thread: Isolden (my 1st world map)

Threaded View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

Quote Originally Posted by Ilanthar View Post
    I don't know which version of PSP you got, but I use mainly a combination of dropped shadows with a blur (like width 1 px and blur 7 px) on a under layer. It's looking good, I really like the details and the shields fit very well on the map.
    Thank you! I'm using X4. I've occasionally put dropshadows on under-layers for battlemap objects (by just duplicating the object/layer)... I don't know why I didn't think to do it with text! Doh. Thanks! I gave it a try, but unfortunately, at such a small font size, there doesn't seem to be much difference. But still, this would be a good way to use different layer modes on just the dropshadows, without it affecting the text!

Quote Originally Posted by ChickPea View Post
    In all the talk about the labelling yesterday, I forgot to comment on your shields on the map! They look great and I like the brighter colours to make them really pop from the background. I'm loving this map so far.
    Thanks so much!

Quote Originally Posted by Abu Lafia View Post
    To make the labels of the capital-cities(?) in the colour of the shields is a great idea, it looks really cool! Looking forward to see it on the whole map.
    Thank you!

Made a little bit of progress in the past couple days:

* Brightened the shields for Neron and Dehrenhar.

* Re-did all the labels, and I think I'm going to stick with the 3 from my last update. Although, I'm not too sure about the "Kingdom" labels. I may make them straight (and larger) instead of curved, and just use curved labels for the smaller areas/regions.

* Added a few new icons/locations, but I still have some missing labels, and a few more icons/locations I want to add.

* I haven't started on the pirate flags yet, but I've named the factions and put blank placeholders in the regions where they'll go. Poor Isolden is Pirate-infested... Well, except for those regions up North. I think even the pirates are too scared to mess with them.

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Isolden (labeled) WIP-04 by Neyjour.jpg 
Views:	43 
Size:	5.91 MB 
ID:	85423
    Last edited by Neyjour; 07-19-2016 at 04:45 AM.