Thread: November/December 2013 Lite Challenge: Give Me Liberty

Threaded View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

Sure, I'd definitely like to give it a look. I'll send ya a PM in a couple.

As far as the mountains and what you've done to them, I'm not really sure what Lingon is meaning either when it comes to fading them into the land. I'm curious to hear as well. But as far as lighting them, I think he means...

Make a new layer(under the mountains would probably be easiest so long as your mountain brush doesn't have any color in the "lit side" of the mountain),
    take a brush set to white and low opacity(or flow, or both),
    and brush along the light-side of the mountains to accentuate their highlights and show the direction of the light.

The white/highlight color should be subtle and not too strong as you're just trying to show off the light direction, not overpower people with it. Now if you have your paper set to multiply and you're finding that the white isn't adding any additional color you have a couple options. One is to put the highlights over-top of the paper layer, but then you have to use a really light touch. Your other option, and probably just as easy, is darken the land a little by using a color-fill of a light gray. You'd probably only need like 5% black 95% white sort of gray to accomplish it. Just enough so that you can make highlights pop a bit.

OH! The water! Forgot to say! I, personally, think that the water looks great. It adds a good 'old map' vibe to it which fits along with the rest(But that's just my opinion).
    Last edited by Psylence; 11-28-2013 at 11:45 AM.