Quote Originally Posted by Azelor View Post
It's good for a modern campaign but for a medieval one, they should look more ancient. I mean, they would look too clean for the era.

And what is a one-way door ? Some sort of trap ?
I think I know what you mean in terms of not looking ancient enough. Like how the map-markers in Skyrim are stylized after Nordic knot-work and so on. But the purpose of these is to be informational and easy to distinguish so that the DM can know what he/she needs to know just with a passing glance. Also, most of them wouldn't be visible to the players anyhow.

And about one-way doors, that's something I myself struggle to understand. But apparently it's a thing in D&D dungeon design. I think it's like one of those doors in Zelda where you walk through and then bars close on the door behind you. That or it's magical and you can't go back the way you came in. In terms of actual design it doesn't make much sense to me either, but I figured that someone (myself included) might want to use them at some point so yeah.

---

Looked up one-way doors. It basically means a door that can only be opened from one side. Which is kind of silly since all the party has to do is put a wedge underneath the door and they're set. Perhaps a revolving door that is operated with either magic or a mechanical system of some sort or even a combination of the two would be a neat way to look at it?