Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: WIP Kingdom of Aragual - My first attempt to create a more artificial map

Yes Eilathen, I´m working an a whole continent. All of my maps I have done (and probably will do) are related to that. I did´t yet remarked but I started the Aragual thing five years ago ... Damned...

When this map will be ready (or earlier) I will continue the old style / artificial map. I got used to creat reality first, including climate, topography, history and politics and then disassamble the real map to a more artificial map as an contemporary excerpt, with the political surroundings of the associated epoch and political view of the time.

Yes I´m working in Germany, Hannover and I work on it in German (not quite sure, what you mean..)

Well, that's detailed and very promising, I'd say .

It's amazing to see a WIP progress after so much time!
    I'm very fond of the idea of making realistic elevation maps (what the author knows for sure) as a backdrop to the "in-game" maps (what the characters know). You can play a lot with different styles based on the same original.

I do like your names. Are they slightly modified European city names or do my eyes deceive me?

Hi brnmuller, in fact I' m working on this World and on its history and politics for abtut Seven to eight years. Unfortunately with changing focusses on changig regions....so no region, City or town will be lost for long...the names should fit to a region with aspects of Iberia, Spain, Portugal and the late visigoth Empire. So I tried to make some names out of it...

Quote Originally Posted by randigpanzrall View Post

Yes I´m working in Germany, Hannover and I work on it in German (not quite sure, what you mean..)
    Na ich sah deine Location und darum hab ich gefragt Hast du deine Weltenentwicklung irgendwo im Internet zur Betrachtung? Oder ist das eher dein privates Heimprojekt? Bist du Rollenspieler?
    I'm trapped in Darkness,
    Still I reach out for the Stars

Nice to see you pick this up after such a long time! I like the new style, even if I kind of did also like the old one as well. I'm always impressed when people put this level of realism to their world-building projects, something I never seem to be able to.
    Homepage | Instagram | Facebook | Artstation
    Just give me liquorice and nobody gets hurt.

Hi Eilathen, also ich habe das nur hier in der Guild gepostet, plane aber auch ein Wiki, wie es hier der ein oder andere macht. Ein Rollenspieler bin ich nicht, ich schreibe da eher eine Geschichte, die in meiner Welt stattfindet, daher das Engagement.

To return to the guild´s offical language: Eilathen asked me, whether my world project can be seen anywhere in the Internet or if it´s just a private project and if I´m a role player.

In fact, my project is just postet (partially) here at the guild and on my computer at this time, but I' m playing with the idea of creating a kind of wiki abou it sometimes. I´m not a role player, never been at all and I even have not an idea of role playing at all ...but I like to draw maps in fact and I´m planning (and has just started) a novel, attending 18-years-old boy Liam on it´s way through this world, starting on the island of Wjaelland (which I mapped as well here) Therefore it´s neccessary in my eyes to have a good and detailled knowledge of the world, he and his friends and foes are living in - and even the world´s history plays an important role for the present and future.

Quote Originally Posted by Kellerica View Post
    Nice to see you pick this up after such a long time! I like the new style, even if I kind of did also like the old one as well. I'm always impressed when people put this level of realism to their world-building projects, something I never seem to be able to.
    Thanks Kellerica, I absolutely like the artifical maps but I´m more experienced with the more realistic and detailed ones. Unless, I will focus on artistic maps soon, bacause I love them - even more than the more realistic ones. It will be a challenge to go back to an artistic map one day, but the day will come

Today, I added some cities and roads and continued the mountains and elevations

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Aragual Kopie1.jpg 
Views:	34 
Size:	2.55 MB 
ID:	112259

Which program do you use to make this maps?

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast