Quote Originally Posted by Tomalak View Post
[Warning: Personal Opinion Ahead!]
Since you are going for a colonial focus, using limited coloring could help emphasize the connections between mother country & colony, while leaving unrelated nations a paler shade. For example, you could paint a country one color, the outline its colonies in that color, leaving colonial nations faded in the center and not outlining the non-imperial nations at all. This would keep things more focused and simple, on an otherwise cluttered map (as any world political map is likely to seem).
Yep I thought about making something special for my colonies. Probably adding a color layer over the land.

Playing Frnace feels almost like cheating after a while, unless you always have most the Europe at you back. England never colonize while Spain and Portugal are much weaker. France here used to control Catalonia and Wallonia, so it's even more powerful but I modified the map a bit. You are right I would have invaded Brittany but not England if I where France. I would also be ashamed of not having colonies elswhere than in North America.

And yes I think I will also need to adjust the colours.