Thread: trying to create map

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

I mean a vector like in illustrator or inskape, it define a line trajectory between two points. If you only have something like kingdom A is 300 000 km2 but no other info about it the program won't do anything about it.

But if you already draw it why do you need the statistics ? You just want to know if what is on the map matches the stats? I know how to calculate area based on pixels if you have the scale.

Guild Novice

Azelor I started with statistics and drew the boarders based on the statistics, and the boarders have nothing in them. It was when I was trying to fill them with terrain that things fell apart. I was finding that I needed to find a different scale for each kingdom for the stats to work right, and I made all the kingdoms from the same scale.

As for calculating area I have a side task for you, only one of my kingdoms has been drawn up and when I try calculating it's area I keep getting a different number. If I scanned it would you be able to accurately calculate it's area, and yes the scale will be on the scan?

siriuslupus