Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Satellite and Relief Map Experimentation

Guild Expert Guild Supporter Lingon's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Viking View Post
    Perhaps I will experiment with making the coast outline itself blue...
    That sounds good

I like the second map a lot. But how did it came to ~2 Kingdoms amidst so many Republics (A Federation is just a different kind of Republic. No idea what a Dominion is)? I mean a Kings claim to the throne is based upon some metaphysical right, which is proven false when the majority of all nations is ruled by a council or representatives of a significant part of the population.
    Sure at a local level you could have Warlords executing total power but only over the people they could personally boss around. You can't build a feudal hierarchy on that without a strong sense of class society in the population, at best you would get a kind of noble republic, where the rulers manage to shield their subjects from egalitarian ideas swapping over from the republics but they themselves do not really benefit from giving up personal power to the hands of a King.

Thanks! They are just official titles the countries go by and I have not fleshed them out in real depth. I use the terms as such. Kingdom simply means it has a monarchy, even if it is constitutional and greatly reduced in power such as one could refer to the modern day United Kingdom of the Kingdom or the Netherlands. Republic and federation are loosely defined as well. The USSR called itself a republic for instance and there are historical precedents for republics amongst kindgoms and empires such as early ancient Rome and the republic of Venice in the late middle ages. The Ipstisian dominion is an autonomous constituent part of a larger empire not shown on the map akin to how the British Empire once had several dominions under it.
    ------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    Finished Maps: Skenth - Prints Available!
    Works in Progress: Arinthia - region of Skenth

Need something commissioned? Send me a message!

Guild Adept

Some seriously sweet work here, looking forward to any improvements on the style.
    Upon the Creation of the World the First Dragons cast their seed in the light of a Sun and a Thousand Suns, beneath the Moon and a Thousand Moons, on a World and a Thousand Worlds.

www.sistercontinents.com

Guild Adept

On a lighter note, I glanced at the map again today and in my mind pronounced it Chlamydia as the "ns" was off the edge of the monitor ... LOL. Southern Chlamydia... yes, chlamydia does occur down south, LOL. Brains are funny things.
    Upon the Creation of the World the First Dragons cast their seed in the light of a Sun and a Thousand Suns, beneath the Moon and a Thousand Moons, on a World and a Thousand Worlds.

www.sistercontinents.com

Hahaha! Oh man.... that didn't even occur to me but yes it's very similar! Thanks too
    ------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    Finished Maps: Skenth - Prints Available!
    Works in Progress: Arinthia - region of Skenth

Need something commissioned? Send me a message!

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12