Thread: Great Community Here

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

Just a hint to help you out there: a CC3 sheet is analogous to a Photoshop layer. The sheets determine rendering order and can have effects applied to them.

CC3 layers don't really compare to anything in Photoshop, but that's okay because CC3 doesn't have channels, either, so everything stays fair.

For the first few maps, you can probably safely ignore the layers issue. However, they can be useful for isolating certain objects to be edited. For instance, if you call up the Layers window (double-click on the L: <layer> below the toolbar), you'll see three columns of check boxes: select, hide, and freeze. By hiding layers, you can find and manipulate certain objects without having to worry about changing the ones around them. It'll take some experimentation, but once you get used to the CAD methodology, you'll find it quite easy to get what you need done.
    Bryan Ray, visual effects artist
    http://www.bryanray.name

Welcome aboard! I have a thread:

http://www.cartographersguild.com/showthread.php?t=2549

Where I am trying as best I can to help explain Sheets/Layers in CC3. I am not dwelling on the effects and things, but more on what can be done with them and how they interact.

If you don;t like the grid at all, you can just hide that sheet.
    Daniel the Neon Knight: Campaign Cartographer User

Never use a big word when a diminutive one will suffice!

Any questions on CC3? Post them with CC3 in the Subject Line!
    MY 'FAMOUS' CC3 MAPS: Thunderspire; Pyramid of Shadows; King of the Trollhaunt Warrens; Demon Queen's Enclave

Post Grids

I figured hiding the grid out this morning. I guess what I am struggling with is in photoshop all the options for tools are generally in the tool itself, it isn't simple or intuitive, but over time I have worked it out. In CC3 there are many features that I would think belong in the tool, that turn up in the sheets page and some I haven't figured out how to get to even with a tutorial at hand. Anyhow still plugging away at it. I did go read your sheets and layers and it did help, but I am a long way from feeling at home in CC3 yet. Still the tutorials and inspiration here is great and very much appreciated.