I'm not quite sure what you are asking for.

What you posted is a nice start for a map, but from your text it seems you are talking about two maps. Are there two maps that you want to integrate?

In this map here, there is one thing that almost instantly caught my eye: the folds in your paper texture. These marks should, obviously, happen where the paper was folded. But I just cannot figure out where this paper was meant to be folded. You should look into that.

Another thing is your rivers. They almost disappear in your map and would profit from a little more emphasize.

Last point I found important is your text. In my opinion, the bold, black font you use is too dominating. You could try to either reduce the opacity or change it to something more subtle. If you want something fancy, there are a lot of free caligraphic fonts out there. Persoanlly, I would go for a simple serif font.

The layout and composition of your map are really good all in all, and I like the subtle colour schema you used. It will be interesting to see how you will go on.