Page 7 of 9 FirstFirst ... 3456789 LastLast

Thread: [Award Winner] Making maps in Photoshop

Guild Journeyer

hello kasper105 - sorry for the late reply, I've been away from this site for a bit. By now you probably fixed this, but could be one of these...

1: no selection for stroking
    2: foreground colour (that will be used for stroke) is the same as your water/background you're stroking on top of
    3: the layer you are on to stroke could have a layer blend that is bringing it up transparent - eg. if you stroke black on a layer that is set as Colour Burn, Lighten, Screen, Colour dodge, Linear Dodge, Lighter colour, overlay, Softlight, Hard mix, Difference, etc..you may not see anything. for this step use Normal or Multiply and on a new layer and change Opacity of the layer
    4: You're working on a layer under other layers that will cover what you're trying to do. Make sure it's above it. You can click-drag layers above each other.

hope that helps.

thanks everyone for your responses, you're all very welcome - happy to be of assistance. Happy mapping!

Im stucking at 1.6 in the third tutorial (the aged map). When I select my background layer (Black & White) and Invert it, no thing happened....

Guild Journeyer

Quote Originally Posted by DingShu View Post
    Im stucking at 1.6 in the third tutorial (the aged map). When I select my background layer (Black & White) and Invert it, no thing happened....
    Hi DingShu

Apologies for the late reply - been away, changing jobs and moving to a new home and such.

1.6 - Can you actually see your B&W layer whilst you have your brown version on top? It may be because you haven't lowered the opacity of the brown layer that it's covering the B&W one, preventing you from seeing the invert?

you could also make a copy of the B&W layer and drag it above the others to see the change - but you'll also need to lower it's opacity so you see your work underneath - if you get what I mean :-)

hope that helps
    Jez

beautiful map, thanks

Fantastic tutorial. I'm a novice photoshop user, but the step-by-steps are very easy to follow. I tried it out and in mere 2 hours I've made a good progress and even made a few modifications of my own.

http://i1221.photobucket.com/albums/...Shrine-Cip.jpg

Thank you again, jezelf.

Wow i just discovered this forum, and the first tutorial is alsome...

Wonderfull job, and a very nice help too to cartograph begineers like mee.

So, last time I looked at this tutorial, I think it was on (your?/a?) private website. But I forgot to bookmark it! Glad to find it--this is indispensable.

Guild Novice

I haven't read all the tutorial but I am so happy that you made a tutorial of the transition between hand drawn maps and alpha map I was always having problems getting there.

Guild Applicant Facebook Connected

Exactly what I was looking for. Thanks bro!

Guild Journeyer Facebook Connected TempyTheCleric's Avatar

I've had this tutorial... your i believe 2nd one for a few years now - its been sitting in a binder and i just opened it up the other day and thought that i should give it a try and now my search for more tutorials has lead me here. so thank you.

Page 7 of 9 FirstFirst ... 3456789 LastLast