Thread: Need help drawing plateaus in WIP Map

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

Alright, I'm pretty new to this still myself - but if I was going to do it in that perspective I would probably do something like this:

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	How-I-would.jpg 
Views:	1008 
Size:	138.3 KB 
ID:	59777

My personal advice would be: Keep it simple and in line with your mountains, and remember sometimes less can be more. Nice looking map so far!

*edit*
    I realize, now, that I probably didn't explain myself very well. What I mean is to just close them off with the lines. Take it easy, make 'em thin, just like you did with your mountains. There's no reason not to, considering how you've drawn the rest of it, it's a drop off/ending of the side you can see so why not? Doesn't need to be flashy - heck, you might even be able to do it by using a bit more of a white line/area at the back/northern edge of them. Frankly, in my experience thus far, a lot of this can be trial and error and the worst thing that happens is you find something that doesn't work(this time) and try something else.
    Last edited by Psylence; 12-17-2013 at 04:33 AM.

Thanks for the advice, got distracted with life stuff (got told i'm being laid off) and completely forgot I made this thread. I think you are right Psylence when I was working on it I really was trying for the whole less is more, I wanted it to be styled in a similar method to that of a lot of the middle earth maps where it conveys more detail than is really drawn in. I think I will try for some simple lines along the top edge and throw in a mountain or 2 to break it up a bit like Lingon said to get a good look. going out of town for a week in a couple day so ill probably work on it when I get back and post a new shot for some critiques.