Thread: Port City

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

I ended up with a little free time today so I decided to go back to the source and fix a couple of things that were bugging me. I felt the border was a bit too thick, and once Feanaaro pointed out the brains effect, I couldn't unsee it. I doubt I got rid of all of the brains, but I think I took care of the worst areas.

@Lingon: The reason I don't have a whole lot of tiny alleys is two-fold. The most mundane explanation is I was short on time already (I needed the map complete by this weekend and didn't really get a good start until last Monday) and there was no time to add a whole bunch more tiny streets. More importantly, though, not showing alleyways made sense from the cartographic design I intended: my fictional cartographer was trying to make a map that would be relevant for many years to come, and since small alleys might appear or disappear organically as buildings are torn down or constructed, they were not included. Instead, only the most permanent roads were put on the map. I don't have an explanation for the sharp railway curve, though - I may need to go back in the future and fix that!

I've uploaded the new (and probably really final) version of the map below and in the original post. My thanks to everyone who commented and gave me feedback; it is much appreciated.

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Clearport.jpg 
Views:	225 
Size:	3.58 MB 
ID:	59848

-Seleucus
    Last edited by Seleucus I; 12-20-2013 at 02:35 PM. Reason: Problem with Image