Quote Originally Posted by Zirojtan View Post
A LOT of patience. I'm just using the pencil and bucket tools, really. I use the pencil tool to draw rough lines and then tear up the coastlines and the altitude lines, really. It's really simple, it's just really, really time consuming. It was actually in looking at your thread about Yantas that I decided that the southern portion of Júent needs to fit more with the western portion of that central continent, and so I tried to get on GIMP and make the proper adjustments. GIMP is... very hard. lol.
I may have to give that a try. I've tried using GIMP to add more detail the coasts, but I'm never entirely happy with the results, but I get the feeling a lot of that might be down to my general lack of experience with it.

Quote Originally Posted by Zirojtan View Post
But you seem to know your stuff about plate tectonics, at least to some degree, do you have any suggestions regarding the problems I'm having?
Well, I don't think I can safely say anything about Drehu, but I think I can help with a few other issues to some extent.

Let's go in order, so we'll start with the mountains of northern Júent. The two examples on Earth that I can think of that resemble these are the Ural Mountains and the Scandinavian Mountains. They're not, to the best of my knowledge, don't occur near any extant plate boundaries. However, if I remember correctly, they did form as the result of interactions between extinct plates in the past. The Scandinavian Mountains are remnants of the Caledonian mountains which formed from the collision of various plates which eventually drifted apart with the break-up of Pangea while the Urals result from the collision of plates which eventually fused.

They're not nearly as high as, say, the Andes or the Himalayas, with the highest point of the Urals being 1,895m and the highest mountain in Norway being 2469m as a result of hundreds of millions of years of erosion, which is around half of the height you currently have for your mountains, but at least it's something

As for the island off the coast of north-east Júent, I think your idea for its formation is pretty realistic. And I think you're right about Madagascar's formation, with it starting out as its own tectonic plate which eventually fused with the African Plate. I was actually going to mention it myself, but you mentioned it first, so there you go