Hello,

been awhile and posting a new basic map. Hopefully I have learned some stuff from the previous map I did about a year ago. This one is a two continent world and I've only done work on the southern one. From there I worked on one of the nations with regards to cities, roads and labels.
Click image for larger version. 

Name:	New World.jpg 
Views:	131 
Size:	1.60 MB 
ID:	59892

A couple of things. First I went ahead of myself and added color to the entire map before really being done with it. I wanted to see how the colors, labels and symbols played off each other. I'm not really happy with how the city and temple symbols came out, seem to be too small. Also some of my trees (forests) have the Sea background instead of the tan land background, I missed them in the initial touch up. My biggest disappointment was the Labels. While I liked the font on the default white background I find that the font at the lesser size is barely readable and some of the letters even at the large size just aren't that great for the color scheme. Also the naming convention for uses a lot of ' too many but after a while I started to like the usage so I stuck with it against logic.

As always my biggest fear is that I screwed up the rivers. With the scale of the map I wanted only the major river and then its major tributary however I think I got it to follow the path it should. There are a couple of places, were the rivers leave the an unnamed lake and flow to the Sea.