Thread: GIMP Pixel Problem

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

You might get better advice from us if you'd post some example pictures of before & after the editing. That way we could see for ourselves what you mean by changed pixel colors.

Now there's an idea! Where did you come by that sharp mind of yours? lol.

Ok, here's a picture of my world post editing on GIMP:

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Eurydice Today Altitudes Adjustments.png 
Views:	108 
Size:	808.2 KB 
ID:	59927

I'm not exactly sure you can see exactly what's going on because of the maximum resolution that the image gets on this site, but can you see where I tried to use the bucket tool and the pixels have changed? Those hollow areas of color used to be solid right up to the edge, and so I could have used to bucket tool to change the color and there would have been no border remaining... before I edited it on GIMP. After I edited it on GIMP, the pixels change and they sort of blur the lines between colors where they were previously sharp, making it impossible for me to use the bucket tool to paint an entire section that is a certain color another color. I have to use the bucket tool, and it paints the interior only, and then I have to use a widened pencil tool for the edges. It's really, really annoying.

It could be the anti-aliasing or lack of, on your selection tool or perhaps you are feathering the edges on your selection tool. Try turning those off in the check boxes and see if you still have the same problem. Perhaps it could also be the interpolation of your selection transform tools? Try changing it to none and see if the problem still occurs.

So I just did both of these things, as you suggested, and the selection was unable to rotate. I would rotate it, and it would bring up a loading bar at the bottom that said "rotating" and then it would just stay put...