Thread: Learning the GIMP; WIP

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Guild Adept

Torstan,
    Good idea on the drop shadow. I also fixed the Layer Mask that showed the Slate fill underneath the sand coloring.

Jfrazierjr,
    The repeating pattern is a tile fill, so I suppose it is intentional. I'll try out the noise layer and see if it benefits.

The red color is story related and has to do with a magical curse. The light idea is cool though.

Thank you both for the input.

Community Leader Facebook Connected Steel General's Avatar

I think it looks pretty darn good for a WIP. But, not having done any 'dungeon' maps (yet) I don't have any suggestions for improvement.
    My Finished Maps | My Challenge Maps | Still poking around occasionally...

Unless otherwise stated by me in the post, all work is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-Noncommercial 3.0 United States License.

Guild Adept

A little further along. Took me a while to come up with a technique to show the sundered door. I think there may be a better way, but I like the overall effect.

The doors inside are about as generic blocks as you could ask for. One day I will stumble upon a good method for making doors. As it is, I am content with learning.

Fixed a few artifacts, only to introduce a new one. I'll get to adjusting the layer mask on the sand layer later. You have to really be looking for it to see it. Speaking of sand, I am looking for way to have a little bit of the outside sand drift through the front doors. Maybe as simple as adjusting the layer mask and maybe throwing a slight blur and/or spread. I'll look into it Friday.

Updated image loaded.