Just an update for those potentially expecting a response from me. The funds I intended to use for this have been diverted. Stupid house. Anyway... as someone who was once a fairly competent amateur comic book penciler, I understand the value of an artists creative input and final product. I wouldn't want to go through with a commision without being able to compensate the artist fairly.

That, combined with an hour looking at Ghalev's maps and various tutorials and thinking "I don't want to buy that, I want to be able to do that," have me back to trying to generate my own maps. It's rough going each night and I'm failing more than I'm succeeding right now, but I spent hours each evening sketching for years before people started to 'oh and ah' over my pencil work... I'm (hopefully correctly) reassuring myself each night that I'm on the same path now with the digital media.

Thanks again for the responses, and if I find myself with the funds to support a commision, or realize that this is just not a skill I'm going to pick up, I may contact some of you individually to discuss having the work done.