Thread: Quick sketch maps from Keep on the Shadowfell

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Community Leader Facebook Connected Ascension's Avatar

I think it's more of an intimidation factor, those of us that are new feel less inclined to share opinions with those who've been doing it far longer than we. Nobody likes the rookie coming in and telling the veterans how to do something or that something is crap (which it isn't btw, I esp like the first). When I see one of the colored names I immediately think, oh this guy knows what he's doing so I'll just keep quiet until it's done...then I'll sing glorious praises. And I know how ya feel, kinda, not many comments on my fjord so I'm thinking it either totally blows or totally blows minds...I always think the former but press on diligently anyway knowing I enjoyed the effort.

Anywho, my 2 cents

Administrator Facebook Connected Robbie's Avatar
    Blog Entries

Thing is...I'm SOOO not an expert...quite the opposite...I consider myself quite the amateur...I created this site because I got tired of dealing with the CC2 list as a way to get my questions answered. I'm a better site admin than I am a mapper...When it comes to mapping...the only thing I am is the admin/owner of this site...I need just as much if not more help than you guys do with maps hehehe.
    All Hail FlappyMap! Long Live MapFeed!

Robbie Powell - Site Admin

Community Leader Facebook Connected torstan's Avatar

2 hours? Good grief, they're amazing. if I could ever get that much mapping done in that time I'd go home happy.

I like the colour scheme of the maps - they are clear without being garish. I'd suggest a bit of smudge around the tops of the most northerly mountains - that's the only place where the sketchy line jars a little. Equally, a darker ink line around the tops to give them some crisp definition would also probably work.

I love the road in the town. That looks great.

Oh, and I am very flattered to have 'heavily influenced' anyone, let alone yourself That made my morning.