Quote Originally Posted by jbgibson View Post
How about if you do your design work very schematically, and only apply yourself to 'prettification' once you have overall arrangements set?
You, are, a, genius. I'm going to try ALL of that.

And you're right. I've been listening to my "drawing music" while mapping, and when I'm doing serious stuff I usually have absolute quiet! I wonder if that's part of the problem??

I'll do it in stages

(another term for teetering? :-)
How did you guess? Was it the "jello" reference? :/

LOL.

Y'know a panoramic landscape, from ground level, that is labeled, can technically be a map.
Yeah, I tried that for the "Lite Challenge" thingie, and I got stuck because my foreground stuff was obscuring other things that needed labeling, and there I was again... jello pool...

I think I'll give your method a good go and see what I come up with! It's got to be better than sniveling-Jalyha-on-the-floor.

Anyway. I've got GIMP, and I downloaded Inkscape (but when I opened it I was so .... I was banging my head on the keyboard within 2 minutes). I was more worried about the thought that everyone was going to start saying things like "just buy a tablet!!" or something It helps a lot just knowing that it CAN be done with what I have - with, as you said, enough practice.

Thanks so much