This is so familar I almost thought I wrote it myself. I absoluty love writing (I am not English so don't mind the grammar, I try) but these damned maps keep turning out different everytime, and not quite like I want them to. I just new here so I hope I can learn a thing or to about this amazing maps I have seen so far. I was actually hoping to find someone to help me with drawing my maps but maybe I'll take a shot at it myself.
I have set my mind on making my first complete world with all cultures and stories that go with it. I am a history student so I draw from our own history and turn it into something new. I try to write some kind of backstory first before I start writing my stories, like some history book actually. After that I want to write various stories that are set in different periods my backstory.
(really funny to read that you have like 23 worlds in your head, I've made up and drown so many maps and thought about things but I never am satisfied. A am bound to work with the world I have now.(continent name Imuldir, after the first King that brought all lands together). Also, I tend to talk a bit to much if it's about these kind of things.