Thread: *** January Challenge - Map for a Game ***

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Blog Entries

Thank you both.

I was fairly sure there wasn't a hard and fast "rule" against it, but was worried about "Noob Go Home"-type posts, if a newbie had the gall to enter. :p (It's happened on other forums.) But I'm interested anyway. I've found the best way to learn new things/find out about new places is to dive right in as if you belong there.

Anyway...

After reading this and looking at both, I think the Lite Challenge might be more my speed... although with it being close to finished, I don't know if it would make sense to enter now... lol. So I'll try to invent a game, I suppose

Thanks again.

~Jalyha

Administrator Facebook Connected Diamond's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Jalyha View Post
    I was fairly sure there wasn't a hard and fast "rule" against it, but was worried about "Noob Go Home"-type posts, if a newbie had the gall to enter. :p (It's happened on other forums.)
    Y'know, in all my years here, I can honestly say I've never seen that happen. This is genuinely and consistently the friendliest place I've ever seen on the interwebs.

But I'm interested anyway. I've found the best way to learn new things/find out about new places is to dive right in as if you belong there.
    Yep. Just make it up as you go along. That's what I do.

Guild Novice

Quote Originally Posted by Jalyha View Post
    Thank you both.

I was fairly sure there wasn't a hard and fast "rule" against it, but was worried about "Noob Go Home"-type posts, if a newbie had the gall to enter. :p (It's happened on other forums.)

~Jalyha
    I'm not overly active here, only show up a dozen times a year but I sure wouldn't ever show up if this place treated map artist like that!