Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Any other writers on this site?

I like to write, but I'm more of a drawing person. I'm working on a manga-style graphic novel now. In fact, that's what ended up leading me to this site!!

I have some articles, but nothing longer than a couple of thousand words. I like the idea of writing a novel, but haven't got round to doing it yet, although my best bud is on his 5th so I ought to get on with it really.

I'm writing just for hobby, and mostly fanfiction. Only recently I start making one of my own, and from there the need of map lead me to here. Nice to meet you

Up here!
    I'm currently writing my first fantasy fan-fiction, and probably 2/3 of my maps will have something in common to my universe
    It's still young (barely 2,000+ words) so I have a long way to go.

I'm majoring in Journalism/Social Media, though I love writing fantasy stories. I also have more than a handful of blogs that I roleplay with on Tumblr. Cartography is more so a hobby that has stemmed from my love of drawing and need of a damn map for my novel.

To Shayna
    Looks like we came here for the same reason. I hope to create a manga that will at least rival Fullmetal Alchemist and D.Gray-Man. Although I say that the story I've been working on for about a year still has some major plot holes...oh and my art still needs a lot of work before I can actually draw it. .......Hah, if you couldn't tell I'm a pessimist who dreams big.

I am technically a professional artistic cartographer that wanted to develop my own campaign setting for Pathfinder as a publication. While I was critical in its development, I've had other, better qualified and already published authors work on the project (closely with me, and the outlines that I've created for various products). However, I've been learning along the way, how best to present written work for the setting. So in a round about way, I've become a writer myself, even having published a mini-adventure site called Haiku of Horror: Autumn Moon Bath House. I did all the development, writing, game design, cartography, illustration and page layout for this particular product.

While I have written (unpublished) short stories and poems over the last 40 or so years, only now am I am published writer.

Also, while I was initially hired by Paizo Publishing to create a hand-drawn map of the City of Kasai for the Jade Regent Adventure Path, I also did some of the writing in the City of Kasai Gazetteer, so I am credited as a contributing author to the 6th module of that AP, The Empty Throne. It was not my intention to write anything, but my expertise in Japanese lore, culture and city development was called upon in the gazetteer write up, so I contributed. So aside from the larger works I've done for my own setting, this AP contribution is my biggest credit as an author at this time.

So my entry into authorship was coming in through the 'back door'. Although I have an interest and some skill in writing, it was never a serious pursuit of mine. It was only through pursuing something else, that I became a published author with the probability of publishing more in the future.
    Last edited by Gamerprinter; 01-31-2014 at 01:00 PM.
    Gamer Printshop Publishing, Starfinder RPG modules and supplements, Map Products, Map Symbol Sets and Map Making Tutorial Guide
    DrivethruRPG store

Artstation Gallery - Maps and 3D illustrations

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12