Thread: January 2014 Entry - Steampunk Risk

Threaded View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Guild Adept Facebook Connected timallen's Avatar

I made some more tweaks and changes to the map. More "continents" are now present, as well as some neutral territories, which dont count towards any continental bonus. The next step will be to make up about 50 to 70 cards, most of which will give the player various bonus actions. These will be similar to the cards that come with the game "Risk 2210", but in a much more simplified form- in that game you got money to buy cards and points for armies. I plan to have players get points to buy both cards And armies. Cards will be events like "Zeppelin Raid!", and "Long range torpedoes", and as many other things I can think up. So in the game, the player will first, add up the number of territories and bonuses he has, and then divides that by 3, like in regular Risk. Then you take that number of points (I may include paper monopoly style money) and use them to buy cards and armies, one for one. Also, I will be making up 5-6 player faction cards. These will have the players faction name, a special ability only they have, and a unique victory condition for each player. Having different ways to win will hopefully keep the relatively quick.
    ### Latest WIP ###
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	steampunk_risk6.jpg 
Views:	132 
Size:	1.12 MB 
ID:	60240