Thread: Scanning old ceiling designs

Threaded View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

Post Scanning old ceiling designs

Interesting project I'm working on, so I thought I'd share!

I have no idea whether this could be helpful to anyone, here, but my latest client job for my daytime business is the scanning, digital printing and archiving of 150 year old architectural renderings of ceiling graphic designs for a pre-victorian Italianate mansion, in a community near me.

These are yellowed, in some cases damaged, historic documents. The foundation which possesses these images works to preserve the actual mansion and want's me to create digital print duplicates they will frame and place on the walls throughout the museum/historic home. Actually a foundation member has to accompany the documents and wait while I scan them - they can't leave them in my possession for insurance reasons...

Anyway, since these are ceiling graphics, they really might not be of interest here, though I imagine they could be used as reference for floor tile designs and other areas of 19th century styled residential maps.

Here's one example (low res version) of what I'm working on...

GP
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	carus05.jpg 
Views:	256 
Size:	690.1 KB 
ID:	5443  
    Gamer Printshop Publishing, Starfinder RPG modules and supplements, Map Products, Map Symbol Sets and Map Making Tutorial Guide
    DrivethruRPG store

Artstation Gallery - Maps and 3D illustrations