Thread: This is the First map I have made.

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

I find the earth-likeness to much to be not earth. Makes it feel like an earth ripoff.

Unless, of course, it's supposed to be Earth in a very distant future (I think 30 to 50 million years could have enough tectonic movement for that degree of change, though I do not know, whether this would be a likely constellation)

Guild Novice
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Maraxus_ View Post
    I find the earth-likeness to much to be not earth. Makes it feel like an earth ripoff.

Unless, of course, it's supposed to be Earth in a very distant future (I think 30 to 50 million years could have enough tectonic movement for that degree of change, though I do not know, whether this would be a likely constellation)
    It is an alternate version of Earth for the story I am writing about. And yes, the time line will be set several thousand years in the future.

Guild Expert Facebook Connected Caenwyr's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Stevena37 View Post
    It is an alternate version of Earth for the story I am writing about. And yes, the time line will be set several thousand years in the future.
    A few thousand years would not nearly be enough time for such massive tectonic changes to take place. Then again, it is an alternate version of the Earth, so I guess anything's possible ;-)
    Caenwyr Cartography

Check out my portfolio!