Thread: WIP - HELP? Pretty please?

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Guild Adept

A lot of whether something makes sense will come with more details than are presented here. The rivers don't seem to have any major issues, but they still could in a different manner than just the basic rules. Except one basic rule... rivers rarely if ever hit at 90 degree angles, in nature, but this being a rough, I will just mention that in passing. How big is this continent? At what latitude and longitude is it sitting?

Even sitting north or south of the equator may alter its reality by where cold and warm currents sit...

Tectonics, no I'm not an expert, but, tectonically speaking, I see some possible issues with what forces would cause the pattern of mountains here. Basic mountain structure puts one side steep, the other into rolling hills. So, you've got issues here.

What is with the cliffs and plateau regions? Not typically what I would call major land formations on a continental scale.
    Upon the Creation of the World the First Dragons cast their seed in the light of a Sun and a Thousand Suns, beneath the Moon and a Thousand Moons, on a World and a Thousand Worlds.

www.sistercontinents.com

Blog Entries

I dunno latitude/longitude type stuff I keep trying to learn but I never get it.

It's... a fairly small continent, I suppose. I figure, about the size (tall) of the USA (Not all of north america, just the US). About half as wide? I fixed the angles on the rivers

Ummm... I probably won't draw in the cliffs/plateaus (although parts of the land are supposed to be VERY rocky. I just wanted to show where I picture them, for a height indication for judging river flow

I didn't know that about the mountain structure! I'll adjust for that. I thought tectonics made mountains go near the edges of the land? Are mine too far inland, or too many of them, or both?

(Makova's village is on a cliff somewhere in the west, so I need *some* cliffs... though I can't imagine drawing them in...)

But this is exactly the kind of info I was looking for... I'll make some adjustments now and post an update!