Hello:

I have Hexographer (Hexographer | World/Starmap/Wilderness Map Creation Software), Cityograph, (Cityographer | City map/details generator & editor), Dungeongrapher (Dungeonographer | Dungeon/Building Interior Map Software for RPGs) the three by Inkwell, Fractal Mapper 7, and paint shop pro version 7.

I like each program for what they do. I have not found one program that does everything I need it to do. That is the catch, What do you want to do? Define what you want to do and then choose the program or programs that will work for you. The inkwell programs are Java based and will work on a MAC, PC, UNIX, or any platform that can run Java. They also have a free trial program for their products.

The last time I was at Gencon I hosted a panel on mapping in gaming. Before I did that panel, I went to the different mapping companies in the exhibitor hall. I asked if they had any handouts that I can give to the audience. I did not want product. I wanted advertising to hand out. The response from NBOS software (fractal mapper), and Dundjinni was impressive. They worked with me without issue and offered a special deal to anyone that went to the panel that wanted to purchase their product. I work for a publishing house I understand the need to make a deal like this for sales. The two companies went above and beyond. Additionally Inkwell which was not at Gencon has provided support, insight and good will though their site and communications with the designers of their product.

I hoped this has helped.

Good hunting.

Tracker