Thread: My first map

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

This is just my personal taste, so in not any way is my advice going to be the same to others...probably.

Here goes:
    Did you had in mind of making your coastline squarish?
    Since it looks a bit unrealistic per se.
    But the islands are awesome, though
    I couldn't make islands like that for $100 xD

Why not add more details, like roads, rivers, mountains and the sort?
    Makes the map more beautiful to look at.

Good job and keep up the good work.

Guild Novice Facebook Connected Malach's Avatar
    Yomitan-son Nakagami-gun, Okinawa, Japan, Japan

Because of some minor stupidity on my part, I didn't save the file I was working on, and then my computer automatically rebooted to install some updates.....

So, I've started over again, and this time, I'm really happy with what I've got so far. Lots of nice complexity on the coasts, lots of little islands, and I'm already starting to get some ideas on where to place my mountain ranges.

I do plan on developing the map further, but I only get an hour or two a day to work on it until the weekends.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	O'Nuallain-redux.jpg 
Views:	39 
Size:	540.3 KB 
ID:	60551  
    Last edited by Malach; 01-22-2014 at 07:25 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Malach View Post
    Made some modifications, swapped the land and ocean (kinda makes you feel like a god, doesn't it? )
    I think that this is a good starting spot for a test map. It looks really cool, and by switching the land and sea, I think it makes it unique enough to try out techniques on and so forth. Kick out the jams.

Quote Originally Posted by Malach View Post
    Because of some minor stupidity on my part, I didn't save the file I was working on, and then my computer automatically rebooted to install some updates.....

So, I've started over again, and this time, I'm really happy with what I've got so far. Lots of nice complexity on the coasts, lots of little islands, and I'm already starting to get some ideas on where to place my mountain ranges.

I do plan on developing the map further, but I only get an hour or two a day to work on it until the weekends.
    I do, however, like this one more. The other may have been a little to square, but I think that this solved that easily. Its an interesting shape that looks "realistic" enough to have something cool come out of it. Good luck!