Thread: The Lost Cause

Threaded View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Guild Adept Facebook Connected timallen's Avatar

Really, its a bit of a mess.

Last year Alan at VPG told me they were looking at releasing a second edition of the game, and asked me to look at re-working the map and expanding it to 22x17 (in other words, two 11x17 sheets). I was only too happy to do it, as the original just seemed so cramped. The old one just had too much on it, and had too much going on. It was actually hard to tell you were even on a map. So I decided to go back to square one and start again, but with a bigger canvas and 3 more years experience with Photoshop. The results are what you see here; a map were you can actually See the map, and recognize the areas you are fighting over. The little images in the boxes I found on the pages of a Civil War paper called "Harper's Weekly", all of which are online. I tried to find an original image for each box, but towards the end I was getting a bit tired and just ended up duplicating some. I figured the project was not final yet so I had time to fix it up.

I really like the overall look of this map now. Hopefully it will be published in the next year or so, although I have not heard back on the project in some time. I assume its gotten pushed onto the VPG back burner.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	TLCnewmap12.jpg 
Views:	143 
Size:	379.9 KB 
ID:	60471