Thread: Workspace?

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

I don't generally listen to music while I work unless I need to drown out something else. It slows me way down because I pay too much attention to it. Plus when I've got my headphones on, sometimes I start singing or whistling without realizing it, and that just annoys everyone else in the room.

In terms of other workspace requirements, I need a visual field that is relatively low contrast. If there's a bright light somewhere beyond my monitor I have trouble with my eyes and headaches.
    Bryan Ray, visual effects artist
    http://www.bryanray.name

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Midgardsormr View Post
    I don't generally listen to music while I work unless I need to drown out something else. It slows me way down because I pay too much attention to it. Plus when I've got my headphones on, sometimes I start singing or whistling without realizing it, and that just annoys everyone else in the room.

In terms of other workspace requirements, I need a visual field that is relatively low contrast. If there's a bright light somewhere beyond my monitor I have trouble with my eyes and headaches.
    1) Annoying other people can be fun

2) !!!!!!!!!!! I think that's part of my problem!! I always have tons of light when I'm painting. I've tried this mapping thing with the lights off/dimmed but then it's distracting. I think maybe I should try just making sure the light doesn't hit the monitor?

Quote Originally Posted by Jalyha View Post
    1) Annoying other people can be fun
    Until they retaliate…

I've tried this mapping thing with the lights off/dimmed but then it's distracting. I think maybe I should try just making sure the light doesn't hit the monitor?
    In my case, it's a matter of reducing the overall contrast that I can see. If I make the room too dark, then my screen is too bright in comparison, and I wind up with the same problem. If I have a desk facing the wall, I'll often place a lamp behind the monitor to brighten the wall.
    Bryan Ray, visual effects artist
    http://www.bryanray.name