Thread: Recommendations for overland hexmap "toolchain" ?

Threaded View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

I've got a pre-designed Hex grid that I use, the grid exists without a map and at several predetermined sizes of maps I regularly use, one at 18" x 24", 24" x 36" and 36" x 48". All I need to do is generate a map at any one of those dimensions, then when finished, I import the hex grid and place - lined up perfectly and looking great. If I have to adjust the grid for a custom map, it's nothing more than deleting a row of hexes until it fits the size needed. And as stated in many other threads of mine, creating maps very quickly is done faster in the application I use than anything else I've ever tried - its not tedious at all. (Though its not free, Xara Photo & Graphic Designer 9 is $89, but has a 30 day free trial to try it out.)

@timallen - I am not suggesting that using a grid is unimportant, rather it's so easy to add to any map, it's hardly worth a thought, just add it and your done.
    Last edited by Gamerprinter; 01-22-2014 at 03:53 PM.
    Gamer Printshop Publishing, Starfinder RPG modules and supplements, Map Products, Map Symbol Sets and Map Making Tutorial Guide
    DrivethruRPG store

Artstation Gallery - Maps and 3D illustrations