Now, now, you're *all* pretty.

I haven't tried all the software listed here. In fact I've tried very little. But it would seem to me that the "best" software for fast maps would still depend on a myriad of things.

1) First of all, what is "easier" for one person, might not be easier for another person. People learn differently.

2) Cost is a factor. Or... rather, the factor is whether or not cost is a factor. Some people have budgets, some don't. Some people need to create tons of maps and some may only want one or two, over a period of years, as needed. Personally, I wouldn't pay for software I wasn't going to use much, if there was a free version out there somewhere.

3) The quality of the maps needed.

4) The STYLE of maps needed.

and yes, 5) The tools you will be using with the software, be it a mouse, touchpad, or a tablet.

I'm no expert, (not even a good amatuer ) but what I would suggest is to download a few of the *free* softwares out there.. like GIMP or Inkscape, and (if you can) the trial versions of some of the software that requires purchases.

Try them out and see which ones you're comfortable with.

Also, look at the WIP and finished maps threads here. It will give you an idea of what you can create with the different programs.

Once you've done that, you'll have a clearer idea of what it is that you need.

Best of Luck

~Jalyha