My first thoughts on looking at this Larb:
--the trees might benefit from having some shadow or trunks beneath them;
--perhaps increase the contrast between the rivers/lakes and the surrounding grass (or give it a stroke to let them show up a bit more);
--perhaps a bit of a grungy/rough texture could help too. The mountains, for example, look rather 'clean' (the texture on the forests I think is great, by the way);
--the mountains in the lower left don't blend very well at this point, but I assume you haven't gotten to that bit yet;
--the swamp doesn't quite work in my opinion. Maybe you could small hills, water channels and islands, or make the edge of the lake and the swamp blend together.
--most of all, it just looks a bit sparse, especially with the large amounts of forest you've included. If you could add interesting details to the forests (in the absence of named places, perhaps just large trees, occasional clearings or ponds, rocky outcrops, or more intriguing features like giants/dragons/ruins etc.) I think it would work better.

Hope those comments are useful. I really like the cities (which you could perhaps make more visible/obvious) and the clouds around the tops of the mountains.

Overall, the only thing I think 'doesn't look right' with this map is that it isn't finished yet.