Thread: [WIP] - Green Lake Castle (First structure map)

Threaded View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

Wip [WIP] - Green Lake Castle (First structure map)

Sooo, I just joined the guild a month ago, and since I've never really done any maps before, I decided to do one of every kind following the WIP categories, ideally in different styles, and learn from the reviews and critiques

Therefore, this is my first structure map!

This one will be the green lake castle, its occupied by Lord Khoven, the equivalent of a baron that owns all the lands south of the Green Lake. Since he doesn't travel much, this is his permanent residence. He is also a literate and passionate about knowledge, that's why he employs a copyist, vellum maker and owns a library, all at great cost.

I will first finish the outside view, then make the inside view of all the buildings with (hopefully) furniture and details.

I got inspiration specially from Larb's awesome maps (Larb is my favorite superhero, I wanna be just like him when I grow up).

This is the (rough and incomplete) outside view:
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	castle.jpg 
Views:	416 
Size:	1.27 MB 
ID:	60675

The buildings are:
    Castle guard / City militia barracks (blue roof on the left): Guards accommodation, guards mess hall, herald's office, kitchen.

Guard tower (Round stone tower): Guards accommodation, notary's office, small armory, dungeon, holding cells, knights accommodation.

Gatehouse (rectangular stone structure near guard tower)

Smithy house and workshop (straw roof house)

Stables (wooden roof house near the smithy)

Sir Grash the Brave's tower (square tower with blue roof): House of Sir Grash, commander of Lord Khoven's army, knights accommodation, oubliette.

Servants house (Wooden roof beside Sir Grash's tower):

The Castle per se (the big square stone tower plus the blue roof house):
    Underground 1: Undercroft, cellar, armory
    Ground floor: Kitchen, stores, great hall, butlery, pantry
    1st floor: Stewards chamber, stewards office, library, copyst
    2nd: Guest chambers, Garderobe
    3rd: Lord protector´s office, lord protector´s chambers, wardrobe, bathroom
    4th: (Small house) Dovecote

Does everything looks okay? I have one question regarding the servants house. Did it existed? As far as I know, the servants slept on the kitchen/great hall floor.

Please speak your mind
    Last edited by rgcalsaverini; 01-25-2014 at 03:54 PM. Reason: I can't tell time properly :)