Thread: Markkheim - A WIP Needing Advice

Threaded View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Guild Novice

Default Markkheim - A WIP Needing Advice

This is my first map made with Campaign Cartographer, and one of my first real mapping projects, so I'm doubly inexperienced.

https://drive.google.com/file/d/0B11...it?usp=sharing

My first problem is already apparent. It's too small to read. I can see it much better in CC3 than I can here. Anyone know how to export a bigger picture than this?

My other issue is making sure the climate is realistic. This landmass is roughly twice the size of California, with the white area being arid and bitterly cold, and the northern part is in the rain shadow of the Western and Eastern Wall mountain ranges. In the south, the climate tends to be very wet on the coast and near the mountains, with rainforest being rather common. It is a bit drier inland, but still on the moist side. It is a cold climate, but not as bad as beyond the mountains. Heavy precipitation characterize summer, with thunderstorms being common, and winter brings deep snow. The mountain ranges are volcanic, but it's been a very long time since the last eruption, so it doesn't generally cross the minds of this who live there. Several cities are located on or near volcanoes do to the highly fertile soil. The country in general is pretty fertile, but the volcanic regions are on another level. The whole landmass is above sea level, with altitude being moderate to high.

Where are the geographic plausibility errors I made in creating this continent? I'm sure I made at least a couple.
    Last edited by Mithril Maiden; 01-26-2014 at 06:30 PM.