Thread: Hi there!

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

Thanks Bogie!

@Irma: Haha yes I guess you're right! I'm sure they can teach me enough here to understand more of what I'm doing when I fiddle around with photoshop in the future!

Inventing the language actually wasn't as difficult as it sounds - I found words that I liked and thought about what they could mean, but then of course you also need a way to string words together into a sentence, so you just start making up rules and before you know it you have a basic grammar system, and that already helps a lot when you hit the more difficult elements of a language. But all in all you mostly need an idea of where you want to go with that language. For Ascam, I wanted it to sound very melodic and continuous, without any major audible breaks between words or sentences, so that's what I started with when I designed the grammar.

The creatures are all my original design, the basic thought when I started the world was that I wanted everything to be different from the real earth, so no humans, no mythical figures we already know, a different set of physics and different laws of nature. Of course that also has a limit. Most of my creatures are at least slightly humanoid cause re-inventing bowls, plates, and the (literal) wheel was more than I wanted to do, what with there being so many other things that needed to be invented…
    I actually have a website about my world, but it's all in german.

I have respect for you, when you say it, making a language seems so easy haha, but I tried once and I just couldn't figure it out. Maybe I should try the way you do it
    Ascam must be a very beautiful language.

It's so nice that you didn't create any human, because human actually are quite weird creatures . Your world absolutely sounds amazing!!
    Could I please see your website? I have german at school, so I can understand it a little bit