Thread: elements of a map

Threaded View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

just a test, sorry - I have the feeling my posts just vanish?
    edit: whoops, never mind

@Jalyha: hmm of course you are right that not all elements are always used, but wouldn't it be easier to learn when to use which elements in a map than spend years trying to learn about what various elements even exist?

But then again, what you say about the sheer amount of possible elements makes total sense - although for me that is all the more reason to wish for a basic overview of those elements - if there are that many, how will I ever find out about them? It would take years to read the entire forum…

Maybe it could be more basic, and just discuss the various categories of elements one could use so newbies have at least a starting point for searching for more info? A table of contents would definitely be way too much, but also way too detailed again, as I said I'm looking more for the very very basics.

But thanks for reassuring me that I can just ask I don't like reposting newbie-questions that have been asked hundreds of times before, so I usually don't just ask but rather look for FAQs and introductions.
    I do have the feeling that everyone is very friendly and helpful here - thanks everyone

Oh and btw sorry if what I say is a bit unclear sometimes, my english isn't bad but it also isn't my mother tongue so that's sometimes irritating for others.
    Last edited by Lyrillies; 01-28-2014 at 08:36 PM.