Hi all,

this probably exists somewhere, but I searched for a while now and couldn't find anything on this topic, so here it is.

I am completely new to maps and cartography, all I have done until I joined here yesterday were basic "this is the general shape of my land"-maps, usually drawn by hand, sometimes with photoshop, but always very basic. Since I discovered this forum I have spent a lot of time looking at other people's maps and I have realized that I know absolutely nothing about all this.
So what did I do? I searched for a topic on the general elements of maps. or cartography in general. or something like this. Just a thread or tutorial or whatever that would list and explain the possible elements of a map for me: land, sea, scale, symbols, text, legend, etc. you get the picture.
The thing is that many maps included heraldry symbols or those interesting lines all starting from the same point and crossing each other, and many other things that I know nothing of.
So what do you think would it be possible to create a beginner's guide to maps? Not how to make one (the tutorials here are amazing and cover that part fully) but just what elements can be included in a map, what are they, what is their use, and ideally of course links to tutorials or threads showing how to create these various elements.

Is that a stupid idea or could that be interesting?